God’s Word is a lamp to our feet and a light to our path.
Hangout Guidelines — Encourage Sharing
We’re sure you came up with several ways to encourage sharing in your group. Here are a few we have.
- Take every opportunity to make it clear you want everyone to share.
- Sometimes that means saying so at the beginning of each lesson.
- Sometimes that means keeping your mouth shut even when you’re itching to share a great answer. 🙂
- Direct the discussion to include all, not allowing it to be dominated by one or two members. (This is one of our guidelines.)
- As you prepare your lesson each week, mark a few questions about which you can say something like this: “I’m really curious about what everyone has for this one.”
- Be an active shepherd — making contact with group members and praying for them during the week makes it more likely they will spend time on the questions.
Members sharing thoughtfully prepared answers will result in a discussion beneficial for all.
Believe it or not, we are asking you to discourage some things. Click next to find out what they are.