Statement of Faith of iStudyEBS
1. We believe the Bible is God’s Word, a divine revelation, in the original language verbally inspired in its entirety, and that it is the supreme infallible authority in all matters of faith and conduct (2 Peter 1:21; 2 Timothy 3:16).
2. We believe in the Trinity – Holy God, Three in One; God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ) and God the Holy Spirit, united in one Supreme and Divine Being (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:31-33; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
3. We believe in God the Father, perfect in holiness, infinite in wisdom, measureless in power. He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, and He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ (1 Timothy 1:17).
4. We believe in Jesus Christ, the eternal and only begotten Son of God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, of virgin birth, sinless in life, making atonement for the sins of the world by His vicarious substitutionary death on the cross, efficacious for all who repent and believe (Matthew 1:18-25; John 1:14-18; John 3:16-18; 1 John 4:9).
5. We believe in the bodily resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ which insures the resurrection of all believers who have received God’s gift of eternal life. We also believe in a “resurrection of judgment” in regard to unbelievers who reject God’s provision for salvation (1Corinthians 15:1-4; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).
6. We believe in the ascension of the Lord Jesus Christ to the right hand of God the Father and in His visible return to the world according to His promise (Acts 1:10-11; John 14:1-6).
7. We believe in the Holy Spirit who came forth from God to convince the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and comfort those who believe in Jesus Christ (John 14:16-18; John 16:7-15).
8. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. We believe that man was originally created in the image of God, and that he fell into sin through the first Adam. Sin causes him to be separated from God.
9. We believe that salvation from everlasting punishment and entrance into a state of fellowship with God is secured only by a personal belief that Christ “bore our sins in His own body” on the cross, and by a definite receiving of Christ into one’s inner being. This is to receive eternal life through a personal commitment to Christ.
10. We believe the church is the Body of Christ, a spiritual organism of born-again believers functioning in the world as a witness for Christ, thus fulfilling the great commission (Acts 1:8; Matthew 28:18-20).
11. We believe it is vital that Christians should personally study the Bible through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit, that they “might be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding” (Colossians 1:9).