God’s Word is a lamp to our feet and a light to our path.
General Hangout Guidelines — First Contact
Here are some things we want you to do in personal contacts prior to your group’s introductory meeting:
- Introduce yourself as their iStudy leader and get acquainted. (This initial contact will most likely be on the telephone or email.)
- Determine if member has skills to sign into or join G+ on his/her own. Coach as needed, then begin a G+ one-on-one hangout. Have a conversation thoroughly discussing the G+ hangout process. After the member is comfortable on the G+ hangout, then go to next bullet.
- Instruct new members on how to do their lessons.
- Encourage them to do the lesson daily to experience greater value from their study.
- Make clear the day and time of the first group hangout.
- Create the expectation that the Bible is exciting and is personally relevant – we are excited too.
Again, we have to stress: do these things before everyone hangs out together. We want all out folks to feel welcome and as comfortable as possible when they come together.
Click next when you’re ready to proceed.